The social media coordinator will work directly with the social media and community manager to primarily create local content in line with the Global guidelines for the UK channels. Either independently or with agency support, they will lead local content creation for the UK market to drive the Global brand strategy across Smashbox’s social media channels within the UK to accelerate the following and engagement. As well as creating content, they will support the manager in posting and responding on channels, and helping to drive Smashbox in a competitive environment within the world of social media.
This role sits within the Marketing team and coordinates with the product marketing, PR, and online teams to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a strong community around the brand.
Responsibilities will include monitoring online conversations, and participating in those conversations to build product visibility as well as support brand awareness and engagement.
- Create local content for the UK market both independently as well as with creative agencies. Manage the briefing process to ensure all content is in line with Global guidelines.
- Work with the social manager to drive the brand into the future while maintaining its prestige positioning, respecting and enforcing its legacy
- Work with the manager to support managing communities in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and any others that may be deemed brand suitable in the future.
- Help support the manager in monitoring each social channel and key performance indicators.
- Form vlogger relationships to ensure a larger share of voice on YouTube and broadcast channels
- Seek opportunities to produce online video content (filming events, interviewing spokespeople)
- Experience in creating social media content for a brand or similar.
- Photography and design experience (Adobe Creative Suite), including concept development and art direction
- Experience in content creation with the ability to tailor and differentiate across multiple social platforms.
- Photography, design, video editing and motion-graphics skills with a keen eye for taste level and unique executions
- Passionate about all things social media and how it can be utilised as a tool for beauty brands
- Strong knowledge of beauty influencers as well as social movers and shakers
- Demonstrated experience conceptualizing and executing impactful, engaging creative for digital/social platforms
- Experience with video editing and motion-graphics software
- Exceptional written English, strong communication skills.
- Related experience in Social Media or Digital/Online.
- In-depth understanding and a passion for social media and trends in social media.
- Passion for beauty and luxury industry.
- Experience in beauty industry and luxury brands a plus.
- Good understanding of digital channels and e-comm environment/commercial acumen.
- Knowledge of creative tools such as Photoshop/InDesign/Final Cut Pro.
- Creative, diplomatic, cool under pressure and fantastic interpersonal skills.
- Photography skills using a digital and SLR camera preferred.