About Estée Lauder Companies Online
Estée Lauder Companies Online (ELC Online) is the online division of the Estée Lauder Companies Inc. family of brands. Composed of passionate individuals dedicated to setting the industry standard for prestige beauty e-commerce ELC Online supports Estée Lauder, MAC, Clinique, Origins, Crème de la Mer, Bobbi Brown, Aveda, Jo Malone, Bumble and bumble and several others sites that are represented by hundreds of websites across the world.
The Regional Technical Lead will report to the Head of UK & EMEA Online Production & Development, and by working with engineers locally and globally will lead the development of a growing portfolio of commerce sites. This person is responsible for leading a team of engineers through the implementation of new business launches and site redesigns, as well as the development of key new features and strategic enhancements to existing web sites. We are looking for a driven and successful programmer with a proven history of leadership in the digital industry.
In ELC UK Online Engineering, you will work alongside highly experienced and talented Designers and Producers. The role will involve guiding the business on how to get the most out of their brief through pre-build analysis, as well as assisting the Production team in coordinating the development process.
You will be responsible for looking beyond the project in hand towards creating an efficient and sustainable build approach, reusing code to quickly turn around projects across multiple high profile brands.
To succeed, you must have the ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise their time effectively, to ensure their respective teams deliver projects on time and to specification, whilst also providing management, leadership and guidance to a distributed team of engineers to enable them to meet their own performance goals. You will have good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, and a sharp attention to detail.
You will be fully up to date with the latest in digital innovation; the kind of person for whom tinkering with technical ideas is a common out of hours practise. You will also be expected to form strong relationships with peers in our Global team, and be comfortable working in a collaborative fashion to achieve common goals.
Candidates must be willing to occasionally work extended hours when required, and be available to support deployments outside of business hours when needed.
Description of Role
- Act as the point person for regional development projects
- Lead the implement site redesigns, features and enhancements to existing web sites and new business launches
- Manage and support a distributed team of engineers, including the continued development and advancement of their technical and professional capabilities
- Collaborate with business teams to understand requirements and leverage technical expertise to enhance any request
- Provide feedback on creative concepts, as it relates to technical feasibility
- Lead the creation proof of concept prototypes to help with the selection of solutions
- Provide estimates for development work to include analysis, programming and testing
- Provide appropriate feedback on the status of project work or problem resolution
- Keep open and continuous communications with Producers and other members of team with regard to team workload and project challenges
- Work alongside design and project management teams to deliver work on time and to specification
- BSc in computer science or equivalent experience leading development teams in a similar role.
- Must have experience with object oriented PHP, Perl or similar web development programming languages
- Ability to write clean, consistent and secure code, adhering to programming standards
- Prior experience with Linux command line, including version control systems such as GIT or SVN
- Understanding of SQL and database management systems is advantageous
- Experience of working in Agile project teams is advantageous
- Experience of working with Drupal is advantageous
- Experience in direct line management of technical staff and working with offshore systems integrators
- Strong client facing service skills, both inside and outside of the company
- ‘Can do’ positive attitude to any situation, with the ability to problem solve under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be willing to occasionally work extended hours as required by the role, and be available to support deployments out of business hours when needed
If you are interested in applying for this position please seek manager approval and send your CV to Gesa Matyschok, Talent Acquisition Partner (email@example.com).