We have exciting opportunities for individuals wishing to embark on a career in Visual Merchandising to join various brands within the Estee Lauder Companies as interns for one year. The role will start on the 1st of September 2016 and run for 12 months.
Support the Creative and Visual Merchandising team with day-to-day VM tasks and projects ensuring successful implementation and best in class execution:
- Support Creative Executive on projects such as unit and planogram development, implementation and analysis
- Build collaborative relationships with the Store Design team to help on new store designs and ensure new installation pricing & collateral is sent to new doors
- Provide logistical VM support for in store maintenance by managing collateral stock levels, taking responsibility for forecasting and monthly ordering
- Respond to store & field queries regarding Permanent Merchandising
- Maintain databases with 100% accuracy to ensure efficient allocation of VM elements e.g. IPM Maintenance Account Profile, VM Store Profile
- Support with visual roll outs by proofing artwork & allocation matrices
- Create monthly competitor reports on competitor activity and other interesting creative implementation in retail and present to the wider business
- Support the Design Manager and Creative Executive with the launch calendar and collateral planning across distribution
- Support the department in creating branded VM logistical tools such as order forms, stationary & VM Experts tools
- Responsible for collating the ‘VM look book’ for Management on a monthly basis
Field Visual Merchandising
- Provide support to the VM Manager and Field Team – 1 day a week
- Support merchandising new installations and updating collateral in the field as required
- Manage and allocate furniture for in store eventing
- Logistical support for the wider Creative team co-ordinating travel requirements and Creative Department meetings
- Manage and Implement VM for Brand Hubs
- Ad hoc office tasks
Estée Lauder built her cosmetics empire on the belief that every woman can be beautiful. This philosophy is just as relevant today – it is an empowering truth that we are a brand that was created by a woman for other women with glamour, aspiration & luxury at the core. Today, we are proud to be a leader of innovation within the Beauty Industry, whilst delivering high touch service to our consumer wherever she shops.
Working within the Creative Department you will report into the Creative Executive who is responsible for permanent merchandising in store such as new installations, planograms, merchandising guidelines, open sell maintenance and pricing.
You will predominantly assist the Creative Executive & Creative Manager with full administrative & logistical support for the department. You will also gain experience working with our in-house design team on promotional units and projects. One day a week will be spent supporting the Visual Merchandising Manger and the Regional Field Team, which will provide hands on experience of merchandising in store, especially our Central London Flagships.
The successful candidate will be creative, with a strong eye for detail and will also be analytical and confident using Microsoft Excel. Experience with Adobe Illustrator and InDesign is desirable. They will be highly organised, able to use initiative and take a flexible approach to everyday working environment.