Jo Malone London celebrates British style with unexpected fragrances and the elegant art of gift giving. Our sensorial lifestyle brand is headquartered in the stunning Jo Malone London townhouse in the heart of London. Acquired by The Estée Lauder Companies, Inc. in 1999, today the brand is available in over 40 countries and has over 600 points of sale worldwide and continues to inspire a loyal following. www.jomalone.co.uk.
The House of Jo Malone London has an exciting opportunity in London for you to join our sensorial lifestyle brand as an Assistant to the Global HR Director.
Like the spirit of the Jo Malone London you have refinement combined with an "unexpected twist". Brand equity is at the core of who we are and you will be passionate about Jo Malone London.
This position will provide pivotal support to the Global HR Director, assuming the role of a personal assistant whilst equally providing Human Resources administration to the Jo Malone London global brand team based in London and New York. This role will be the first point of contact for all employees in the London office and will also work closely with the Corporate Human Resources departments of The Estée Lauder Companies in New York as well as the regional HR teams worldwide.
Role Responsibilities include:
Performance & Talent Management
- Overseeing the Personal Development Plan process during initiate, midyear check-in and end of year performance phases through the tracking and logging of all reviews and communication to employees as well as resolving any open items
- Talent Management: Assisting with scheduling all necessary meetings and/or training and communication to employees and the tracking and editing of all forms
Recruitment and On-Boarding
- Ensuring the team assistants are aware of the ELC On-Boarding process for all new hires in compliance with local law
- Monthly upkeep of all current job descriptions, department Org-Charts and maintenance of the office Temporary/Freelance staff list
- Holding first day meetings and 30/60/90 touch bases with all new hires
- Providing assistance with the processing of visas and right-to-work compliance
- Liaising with the Talent Attraction teams in London, New York and globally
• Answering inquiries and addressing payroll issues for all employees
• Working with payroll to ensure accurate processing of payroll
• Ensuring compliance for all payroll related matters
General and Ad-Hoc Administrative tasks:
- Coordination of team travel, visa administration and expense claims
- Meeting scheduling and preparation of required materials
- Liaising with the offsite HR Employee Services Team (Payroll, Benefits, Compensation)
- Maintaining and update HR shared folders and ensuring all policy paperwork is current
- Processing of vendor invoices through SAP and ordering and maintaining department supplies through StapleLink
- Assistance with ad hoc reporting when necessary
- Approachable demeanour, savvy enough to adjust working style around multiple personalities
- Strong interpersonal, written/verbal communication and listening skills
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, flexible and process-driven
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook Calendar, with the ability to learn new systems & processes (ideally possessing prior experience with SAP or a similar HR system)
- Able to deal with sensitive and confidential information
- Relevant previous experience in an administrative position