An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Estée Lauder Companies Supply Chain function for a Senior Demand Planner reporting to the Head of Demand & Supply Planning and Retail Supply Chain. This is a high profile role that directly influences the UK Region’s ability to deliver its commercial objectives. The role can be based in either London or Southampton.
The Senior Demand Planner is responsible for managing the demand signal across a cluster of Brands for the purposes of driving the Supply Chain and supporting gross sales planning and execution. Delivering continuous improvements to business planning accuracy, enhancing customer service performance and optimising inventory holdings are the key deliverables of the role.
The Senior Demand Planner collaborates with the Marketing, Sales and Finance departments to develop an optimal integrated business plan, so a broad business awareness and understanding is essential to drive the consensus process.
The role will be both challenging and rewarding for the successful candidate who will represent the Supply Chain confidently and professionally at key meetings held in both London and Fareham.
- Lead the work flow and development a team of Demand Planners
- Manage the SKU-Channel forecasts in the SAP SCM system for a Brand cluster as part of a monthly Integrated Business Planning process cycle
- Assure the timely communication of ongoing forecast changes to stakeholders in the Supply Chain, Sales, and Finance Teams
- Develop accurate new launch forecasts including management of broader category impacts in conjunction with the Marketing and Sales departments
- Manage all promotional requirements from forecast production to event execution with the Marketing and Sales teams
- Chair the monthly Demand Review meetings and play a key role in driving Demand and Gross Sales plan alignment through the Integrated Business Planning meeting with Senior Brand Management
- Drive resolution of forecast accuracy, customer service and inventory management exceptions, establishing clear root cause and leading appropriate actions to deliver sustainable improvement
- Implement process improvements across the wider Demand Planning team, including coaching and development of the team
- Support the delivery of the UK Region Supply Chain Strategy through management of broader initiatives and projects
- Graduate standard
- Extensive Demand Planning / Supply Chain experience in an FMCG environment, with a track record of delivering continuous improvements across process KPI’s
- Proven team management experience and the ability to deliver results through others
- SAP SCM experience, including use of a statistical baseline forecast
- Highly analytical with proficiency in the use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to run highly effective meetings