A fantastic opportunity has come up to join The Estée Lauder Companies, the global leader in prestige beauty, during an exciting period as we look to elevate our corporate reputation in the UK & Ireland. With more than 25 brands in skin care, makeup, fragrance and haircare in over 150 countries we are looking to leverage our position as a brand building powerhouse of unrivalled creativity and innovation.
We are looking for someone who is ready to work at pace to join our Corporate Communications team a new Coordinator (External). Experience of working in a communications role is essential, ideally with organisations that put a high premium on creativity and innovation. Excellent writing skills and the ability to drive news generation are also crucial. You may currently be working within an agency and are keen to move in-house. Or you may already be working in an in-house corporate communications team and are interested in joining a creative, entrepreneurial and innovative global company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Director of External Communications, help to create and deliver a Corporate Communications programme to engage with key external stakeholders including media, regulatory, NGOs and government to protect and enhance the company’s reputation
- Support media engagement with an established and growing network of key media contacts, with a particular focus on trade, digital and social outlets
- Help to identify and anticipate trends (stakeholder, societal, regulatory and policy-related) which may impact the company and, from time to time, support the delivery of robust issues and crisis management procedures
- Draft Corporate Communications briefings for senior executive team and others engaged in external affairs activity
- Support major communications initiatives such as Philanthropy and Corporate Responsibility, as part of the broader Corporate Communications team
- Communications experience gained from a medium or large organisation or PR agency, ideally with clients in retail/ prestige/beauty sectors
- Creative, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, with the initiative to see a programme through from start to finish
- Exceptional organisation and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload, manage time effectively and work to deadlines
- Excellent writing skills