An opportunity has arisen to join the Global Information Systems team as a Regional HR IT Solutions Lead. You will manage (plan, organise, staff, coordinate and direct) assigned projects involving Oracle HR/Payroll modules and payroll interfaces/architecture for the UK/EMEA regions. Additionally, you will provide expertise and direction regarding HR/Payroll technologies and regional interface architecture expertise. You will partner with peers and senior management in the identification and implementation of technologies most valuable and appropriate to the IT GIS landscape.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide guidance on the strategic direction appropriate for HRIS from the IT perspective. Provide leadership for the analysis, research, planning, and development of technologies and processes to support HRIS technology capabilities and ensures design is consistent and well integrated with existing conceptual, logical, and physical application architectures.
- Express concepts clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, to subordinates, other IT management, and to business users.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively with the management at the business level, on the global/regional level and across IT as a whole. Exhibit a thorough working knowledge of project management techniques to include task planning and resource allocation to align with project scope and budget constraints.
- Researches and evaluates software technology, products and makes recommendations on technology/production introduction, phase out, and retirement.
- Analyses and estimates feasibility, costs, time, and resources needed to develop, and implement application systems for projects with enterprise-wide impact.
- Assists in application portfolio management, standards development, maintenance, and governance.
- Remain current on the Oracle HR/Payroll module, its characteristics and capabilities; recommend adoption of new technologies within the module as they become available and as they indicate value to the business community.
- Assume responsibility for planning, organising, coordinating, and directing assigned resources (domestic and offshore) on assigned HR/Payroll projects, enhancements, and production support.
- Identify and recommend technical solutions to improve existing business processes.
- Insure that all functional configuration and other modifications under the incumbent’s direction are properly documented per standards and templates.
- Supervise the analysis of production support and service requests, then guide subordinates in the development of specific configuration or data modification solutions to accommodate those requests.
- Analyse operational problems involving Oracle HR/Payroll modules, and direct subordinates in the implementation of appropriate solutions.
- Manage and lead direct subordinates providing appropriate direction and developmental feedback, conducting reviews (coaching conversations), and participating in decisions affecting compensation and other personnel matters such as training and career development.
- Participate in the interview and hire process in order to garner qualified Oracle HR/Payroll configuration analysts for domestic and offshore sites. Present well thought out hire-recommendations as appropriate.
- Exhibit a thorough working knowledge of project management techniques to include task planning and resource allocation to align with project scope and budget constraints.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of systems analysis, functional configuration, and testing methods, and the ability to convey that knowledge to subordinate team members.
- Must possess strong technical knowledge of the Oracle eBusiness suite 11x-12x specifically focused on the technical aspects and architecture of HR/payroll processing for a global organisation. Strong UK and EMEA payroll knowledge is a plus.
- Oracle eBusiness suite: HR and Payroll modules, XML publisher, Oracle Forms/Reports, PL/SQL, UNIX scripting, OA Framework, Con-current manager and Oracle HR security.
- Experience in application systems design, construction, implementation, and maintenance.
- Experience working with technical design process and models.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues especially payroll related and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.