As one of beauty’s fastest growing brands, Jo Malone London is steeped in British Heritage and defined by an unconventional sense of sophistication; timeless and elegant…but always infused with a charming dash of wit and whimsy.
The Estee Lauder Companies is a growth company. Our mission is to keep expanding by taking our brands into new geographies with the best retail opportunities and creating must-have products. The consumer’s needs are always at the centre of our thinking. We market premium skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products in over 150 countries and across 25 different brands.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced eCommerce Manager aspiring to work for a global organisation with family values and long –term career development opportunities.
Reporting into General Manager/Sales Manager/Sales Director, you will:
- The eCommerce Manager is primarily responsible for the leadership of the eCommerce team and the development, implementation and achievement of Revenue targets and driving growth through the eCommerce Sales Strategy.
- Accountable for driving seamless Omni Channel Strategy (.co.uk, Retailer sites and distribution channels) that provides customers with a seamless experience irrespective of channel mix, whilst maximising sales and protecting and building Brand equity.
- Develop e-Commerce strategy, vision and roadmap by collating, analysing and utilising consumer insight and business intelligence data to drive sales and highlighting potential business risks.
- Partner with Local and Global Marketing teams to design and deliver a robust digital marketing calendar that reflects the Brand, Store and Retailer activity and plans key market promotions and events to drive sales.
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager to develop a successful Marketing plan (on/off line) for brands with specific focus on ensuring promotional campaigns are in line with market trends and deliver engaging online experience for every customer.
- Ensure all transformation and change initiatives are underpinned by development of appropriate policies and procedures and an effective communications and change management plan.
- Define and communicate a clear vision of the future, which translates into goals and targets for increasing conversion and revenue with close collaboration with Sales, Merchandising and Marketing Functions.
- Partner with the Local and Global Innovation teams to scope, propose, test and learn initiatives and on-going site functionality and maximise Consumer experience.
- Working closely with the brands to build a profitable P & L ensuring resource and Opex supports our eCommerce Strategy.
- Lead, coach and develop the eCommerce team to ensure operational excellence.
- Collect, analyse and utilise key business metrics including classification of key product sales, site traffic, conversion analysis, registered user growth and behaviour, external marketing programs such as Search (both PPC and Organic), content and email marketing programs (segmentation) and performance to maximise sales.
- Work with the Global Social team to build out a plan for the UK region in terms of UK specific social posts and paid Social media
- Work closely with media partners to build a Digital advertising plan that generates strong ROI and awareness for the brand
- Partner with Brand planning team and Sales Director to monitor inventory levels and oversee appropriate adjustments to the site (i.e. manage out-of-stock levels, discontinued products, online exclusives)
- Maximise commercial arrangement with PPC agency to optimise paid for search activity to maximise eCommerce sales, and reduce overall CPA.
- Be able to manage and implement changes effectively are key drivers for success in this role.
- Ability to influence is a critical skill for success and the successful candidate must be able to build strong brand partnerships across the business and within the retailer environment.
- Proven project management, commerciality and strategic ability are key skills required for this role.
- Must have customer focused knowledge of .co.uk, retail and distribution channel market and be able to identify product opportunities by analysing customer shopping trends and behaviours.
- Must have a proven track record of delivering significant revenue growth through strategic planning & brand partnerships.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to build successful relationships within complex internal matrix structures.
- Demonstrates Strategic and broad view of the business, industry, and consumer environment to anticipate and plan for the future.
- Identifies the focus and defines where to play, how to win and what capabilities and management systems are required.
- Confident and tenacious but also has high emotional intelligence.
- Proven excellence in Execution, with a strong commercial acumen and proven experience in P & L.
- Demonstrated Drive for Creativity and Innovation with a mix of digital and e-commerce experience (email, PPC, SEO, display, site optimisation).
- Demonstrated Learning Agility; proven ability to work across strategic and tactical contexts, anticipate change, face reality, draw conclusions, and swiftly mobilize to adapt to changing needs and demands.
- Ability to collaborate across functions and brands.
- Managing and directing website development, technical and aesthetic, navigation, performance and functionality efforts to positively impact ecommerce efforts.
- Excellent analytical skills – able to interpret extensive data to make actionable recommendations to the business.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and must be organized with excellent project management and budget management skills.
- Reporting on sales, key metrics and promotions in daily, weekly and monthly trade meetings.
- Must have a passion for developing a high performing team who are able to react to trade at pace.