Come join us! Aveda is a dynamic, creative and fun brand to work on which centres on connecting beauty, environment and wellbeing. We’re proud of our professional hairdressing heritage and of being the number one hair brand in retail! While we specialise in hair care, we offer other plant–based products—skin care, makeup, pure-fume™, aromas and lifestyle—that are all professionally developed, clinically tested, and go to exceptional lengths to be respectful of the earth.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to work in a business that puts our guests and the environment at the heart of everything we do - all within a beautiful central London office with great work/life balance and benefits. The successful candidate will have advanced Excel skills and be confident working with large databases, pulling data, segmenting it and sharing regular analysis.
We’re seeking an experienced CRM loyalty marketing expert with a broad understanding of digital communications and Search, preferably with beauty / premium experience. The role involves a lot of cross-functional collaboration with our Online, Education and Retail teams as well as working with our global brand CRM team and leveraging opportunity for CRM with retail partners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the ideation, development and implementation of Aveda UK’s CRM (Guest Relationship Management) strategy to maximise customer engagement, retention and revenue.
- Manage the Aveda ‘Pure Privilege’ (PP) Loyalty Programme in line with global guidelines
- Day to day management of Aveda UK’s search strategy, working closely with our Search agency, to ensure ad copy is reflective of the marketing calendar and spend and performance are regularly reviewing based on ROI.
- Work closely with key partners such as House of Fraser and Brown Thomas to drive their guest acquisition, retention and loyalty. Develop a tailored CRM approach for all key partners and implement successfully to grow the Aveda business.
- Champion continuous improvement of our email campaigns and capabilities and work with the global team to develop our CRM strategy and PP programme.
- Manages the Aveda Earth Month fundraising activities each year
- Establishes and maintains excellent relationships with cross-functional teams (Sales, BMG, Customer Services, US Pure Privilege Team, US Facebook team).
- Ad-hoc duties as required by the UK Marketing Manager
- The successful candidate will have an established communications background with substantial experience and excellent press and industry relationships. They will have the ability to multi task within a fast paced department and brand and will be socially and digitally savvy.
To be considered for this job the candidate must possess the following:
- Minimum 2:1 Degree level qualification or equivalent.
- Strong in-house CRM experience with proven success in researching and delivering programmes and implementing effective direct marketing communication. Experience implementing email strategies, planning campaigns, set up, testing, execution, reporting and optimisation.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookup, etc.)
- Experienced performing analytics, segmentation, and data mining using SQL, SAS or similar package
- Understanding segmentation and profiling of guest databases to create targeted campaigns which are constantly monitored and adapted as required to drive brand engagement, loyalty, revenue and retention. Familiarity with related data analysis techniques.
- Highly analytical and strategic thinker (makes quick, fact-based decisions)
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Innovative and creative thinking (need fresh thinking)
- Comfortable with public speaking and presentations
- Ability to own tasks and deliver results with minimal supervision
- Social media & digital savvy
- Experience in the beauty industry or on a premium / digital led brand is beneficial.