Estee Lauder Companies Store Planning Department UK is currently seeking a Store Design Trainee to start this September (2016) with an interest in designing creative retail environments. In this position, you will work as part of a team to ensure all brands under the Estee Lauder Companies portfolio follow their brand identities within the retailers and own freestanding stores and emulate the premium presence they deserve.
This position will focus on multiple brands within the ELC portfolio. Portfolio/work samples are essential to be considered for this opportunity.
Start Date - September 2016
Salary - £15,000 with competitive benefits.
Location - London
- Assist in preparing design layouts, including plans, elevations, 3d renderings, following a brief from the design managers.
- Assist in creation of Vectorworks symbols library in 2d and 3d for ongoing design development.
- Good creative ability in order to explore new ideas, within the brand guidelines to assist the New York concept teams realize the brief and gain strong brand equity within each environment.
- Gain understanding of brands ethos, materials and detailing.
- Continually be aware of trends and new materials on the market. Sourcing of new materials, or locally sourced materials and suppliers.
- Preparation of sample boards.
- Keep design managers updated on continual project status, for ongoing efficiencies within the team.
The ideal candidate will possess an understanding of Interior Design and Visual Merchandising guidelines and display a keen interest in retail architecture. Essential pre-requisites include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in related field: Interior, Product or 3D design.
- Good understanding of materials and processes.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in realizing a brief, with a strong portfolio of work to back this, including sketches and evidence of thought process.
- Knowledge and interest in new materials and keen interest in design trends.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Must be a team player, as all work will be team based.
- Good skills in Mac Vectorworks, 2d and 3d, Cinema 4D and Photoshop are required. Good freehand sketching is essential.
- Proficient organizational, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to streamline administrative tasks
- Evidence of multitasking abilities in a professional environment.
We would like to thank you for your interest in the Estee Lauder Companies, due to the high volume of interest we experience, only successful candidates will be contacted by a member of our Recruitment Team.