We are looking for a talented Web Analyst to join our team and support us gaining a deep understanding of our websites and how our customers use them.
You will conduct deep analysis of user journeys and develop a thorough understanding of the interactions our customers have with all parts of Estee Lauders Websites
You will be pivotal in defining and embedding the specification for the tagging mechanisms in order to enable accurate tracking of key metrics and analysis from our web analytics platform
The Online Analyst supports the UK business, utilising online performance data to help optimise business decisions. This role is supported by the UK Web Analytics Manager and the UK Director of Online and is ultimately responsible for analysing online activities through on-going discussion with UK online team, consisting of digital teams, designers, brand representatives and engineers. The Online Analyst ensures that key business initiatives are monitored, presenting results and insights to decision-makers in the form of ad hoc analysis and routine benchmarks.
Key Responsibilities & main stakeholders
- Produce weekly / monthly content, social and website performance reports: KPI dashboards as well as other reports to support all our online content and advertising/sponsorship efforts. Such reports should include business context and insights into the data to be delivered to the business leads.
- Effectively respond to ad-hoc report and analysis requests from other teams as needed.
- Proactively develop reports and analysis of site performance including segmentation analysis. Include observations and business context to deliver actionable insights to business leads, not just data.
- Conduct deep dive analysis across multiple Marketing programs such as social media advertising, email, paid search, natural search, banner ads, and affiliates.
- Translate business goals and requirements into key performance indicators and measurable events
- Bring passion about web technologies and content strategy; bring new and innovative ideas to improve the web presence.
- Work with Product Owners to define new analytics requirements and ensure these are translated into the finished products
- Help to determine KPIs for all elements of the software experience, then build/automate reports to monitor them on an ongoing basis.
The ideal candidate for this role is a well-rounded e-commerce/online marketer with strong communication skills, a sharp eye for data accuracy and technical skills (including basic understanding of online analytics tagging). Experience in online marketing and online analysis (Google Analytics Premium) is essential.
The candidate must have strong analytical acumen, intermediate to advance Excel stills, sharp observational skills, and must be able to work in partnership with a wide variety of stakeholders across our Engineering teams, Marketing Managers, Online Managers, Online Assistants, Executive Leadership and also external partners.
To succeed in the role, you will spend time studying each brand’s consumer behaviour patterns online to understand the most effective ways to acquire, retain and reactivate customers. The Online Analyst should be able to provide quick insights and initiate suggestions based upon the impact of changes in brand/marketing strategies on the site, also helping colleagues to understand and document any reasons why sales targets may have been missed or exceeded.
The role revolves around assisting others to test, sharpen and prove their instinct, and most of all to trust it, reporting into the UK Web Analytics Manager. The team will greatly benefit from someone who is able to digest large amounts of data and engage decision-makers in the Online Business, converting unproven ideas into proven results.