GIS PMO has an opportunity for a Junior Analyst to join their EMEA/TR/UK team. This position supports the planning, maintenance, and continual improvement of our methodology in accordance with best practice and the seamless integration, communication, & tracking of multiple projects. Additionally, this position supports GIS Project managers by providing PMO/project support functions including SharePoint administration. You must be strongly motivated individual who is comfortable working in a busy, dynamic work environment and can respond flexibly to varying deadlines
The PMO Analyst role utilizes analytical capabilities to effectively collect, analyse and summarize data regarding GIS projects. Standard duties include gathering and consolidating data, providing reports, analysing project status with project managers (PMs) and recommending and implementing process improvements. Supporting the Regional PMO Manager with ensuring the global PMO practices and governance across the region are implemented and adhered to. Support PMO to shape and review the Portfolio – involved in the budgeting cycle and Long Range Plan. This position will be responsible in providing a central point of detail and information for the PMO.
- Create, modify, review and maintain process documentation
- Develop, update, maintain and deliver training material to support the PMO methodology.
- Requests and coordinates status reports and updates across the Portfolio
- Review Portfolio Budget addressing or escalating any anomalies as necessary
- Compile and maintain with input from consultants to ensure the accuracy of the monthly PMO report
- Perform internal quality assurance audits across projects, including review of plans, risks/issues, financials and governance adherence, recommending corrective action
- Ensures and facilitates the completion of preventive & corrective action, including actions from project audit activities
- On boards and supports Project Managers, introducing them to the PMO function and processes
- Support GIS by administering SharePoint sites of the organization.
- Perform quality controls around permissions in order to maintain consistency in site structure.
- Must be able to create, maintain and troubleshoot: Alerts, Database Integrations, Libraries, Sites, Lists, Calendars, Announcements, Workflows, Site/Navigation Settings and Tasks.
- Liaison with site owners, central SharePoint administration team, and other IT resources to develop solutions, establish standards and troubleshoot.
- Assist the PMO with administrative duties as needed
- PMO experience is a must
- A PMP/PRINCE2 certification is desirable
- MS Office expertise, especially in Word, Excel (Macros, Pivots etc..) and PowerPoint and MS Project
- Experience with working in an environment where PMs do not report directly to the PMO is a plus
- Strong people skills and a customer-service centric attitude
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization
- Willingness to learn and grow with the organization
- Experience with maintaining and creating process documentation
- Experience with SharePoint administration
- Project experience preferred