Tom Ford Beauty have an exciting opportunity to join their Marketing team as Marketing Assistant, UK and Ireland. The role reports to the Tom Ford Beauty Product Manager.
With the continued and accelerated momentum of the Tom Ford Beauty brand in the UK as the brand is going through a successful transformation from being the ultimate niche luxury fragrance brand to becoming a major luxury beauté player we are seeking out top talent to join the brand.
The Marketing Assistant role is an integral opening in the Tom Ford Beauty brand, working across multiple aspects of Marketing and touching all departments. The primary objective for the Marketing Assistant is to support the Product Manager in the timely and effective delivery of the UK Marketing strategy and calendar, adopting an omni-channel approach.
- Assists the Tom ford Beauty Product Manager in the timely and seamless execution of the UK marketing and support calendar
- Manages the implementation of the Marketing calendar of launches, including the allocation and delivery of testers, samples, and promotional collateral for new offerings and continuous programmes, supported and overseen by the Product Manager
- Collaborates with the wider Tom Ford and Supply teams to effectively and efficiently deliver the calendar of launches with weekly reviews of Matrices and shipments
- Works closely with the Product Manager to collate Market sample forecasts, to track and monitor deliveries, allocations between departments and invoicing
- Visits London stores weekly to support teams as primary Marketing contact, to deliver key tools, to view, capture and report on launches in situ, and to inform competitor research decks
- Attends quarterly regional store visits and Business Manager Meetings on request to further gather insights, feedback and to build relationships with key doors
- Supports the Product Manager in the delivery of the calendar of on and off counter activity and events to align to new and seasonal product launches or focuses. Takes the lead in key elements behind larger scale, off counter VIP events
- Aligned to the F17 vision of ‘Digital First’, works alongside the Marketing team to deliver the Digital and Social media strategy across multi-platforms. Fuses strong relationships with the Digital Studio and M2M media agency to brief, manage and deliver creative assets and content in a timely manner according to plan with the support of the Product Manager
Insights and Analysis
- Works collaboratively with the Tom Ford CRM Manager to support ad hoc initiatives and insight projects to broaden awareness of the Tom Ford consumer
- Researches competitive pricing information with Tom Ford Beauty Product Manager to support the New Launch Pricing strategy and Annual pricing review, considering the UK opportunity and the Beauty industry trends arising. Produces bi-annual pricing booklets and quarterly order forms to communicate to field teams
- Researches competitor launches and brands that are relevant to Tom Ford Beauty to compile quarterly reports on the seasonal activity. Reviews and summarizes the collection offering from a 360 perspective, noting the product line up, in store, online and social execution of the launch
- Reports on industry performance and Tom Ford ranking using NPD system to inform wider HQ team, highlighting insights relevant to the brand
- Works with the Product Manager to produce Post Campaign Analysis reports to highlight successes, learnings and the overall impact of the launch to the wider business. Excellent numerical and analytical skills are required
- Responsible for the development and management of communication tools to field teams including a weekly newsletter, quarterly field update and bi-annual marketing folder and Pricing tools
- Acts as the main point of contact for the field teams to ensure they are fully supported in driving retail, events and in handling any requests
- Supports the Tom Ford Beauty Product Manager to raise POs and implement the budget plans
- Assists the Marketing team in preparing for Sales Conferences, including PowerPoint presentations
- Manages deliveries to store, send outs and works with wider Tom Ford team to execute brand administrative tasks
- Delivers ad hoc projects upon request
Successful candidates will have experience of working in a marketing function, preferably within the Cosmetics or Luxury Industry, and ideally with previous retail experience. Passion for the Beauty industry is essential; the Marketing Assistant is responsible for sharing industry insights, new launches and campaigns with the Marketing team so we remain market leaders.
The individual will have excellent organisational, verbal and written communication skills, in addition to possessing strong administrative qualities. They will be computer literate and proficient in MS Office, particularly with Excel and PowerPoint. The individual will be highly numerate and analytical and should possess excellent attention to detail. A team player, successful candidates will adopt a flexible approach to projects and will be capabale of working across multiple projects to deadline.
Building collaborative relationships with internal teams, field teams and suppliers is integral to success. Strong interpersonal skills, proactivity and a positive can-do attitude are essential to the role. As a small team, the ideal candidate will need to be excited by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, alongside all functions and departments.