An opportunity has arisen to join the Global Information Systems team as an Application Specialist. Reporting to the Retail Support Director, you will join a team responsible for the delivery of retail projects, system changes and tech solutions to meet the immediate needs of the business. You will be involved in providing third level support and expertise for retail applications, owning task streams focussing across mobility (iOS devices and apps), infrastructure, networks and most importantly applications used in our retail environment, both bespoke and off the shelf from third party vendors.
The consumer retail channel is of critical importance to the Estee Lauder Companies. The growth and expansion of our own freestanding stores, our connection with our consumers, and our desire to become “Amazing” retailers is key to the ELC business strategy. To support this strategy, our Information Technology organization needs to develop internal teams and capabilities necessary to support the business and to drive the IT strategy, architecture, and technology solutions that support the Estee Lauder Companies’ growth. We envision becoming one of the top IT organizations in the Retail/Consumer Facing space and seek talented, motivated employees to join us in our mission as we build our internal programs, processes, teams and capabilities.
You must be an effective problem solver with a “can do” attitude who is passionate about retail. You must also be used to working in a changing and challenging environment and have demonstrated an ability to motivate and clearly communicate with other areas of an organisation.
Required experience and skills
- A detailed understanding of IT Infrastructure and Networks
- Solid experience in MSSQL database query/analysis or relational database models
- Exposure to enterprise level mobility solutions, using Mobile device Management tools
- Past exposure within a Retail Service Desk or Retail focused organisation, having worked directly with EPOS technologies.
- Good awareness of Security & Development best practices (PCI:DSS)
- Service Management principles and associated processes, including Problem and Incident Management
- Good problem analysis using recognised strategies
- Must have proven written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to succinctly summarise and express the impact that a problem causes the organisation and users.
- ITIL V3 Service Capability/Life-cycle
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues at various levels of the organisation.
- An understanding of deployment, quality and business analysis best practice.
- Great EPOS support knowledge.
- Experience in a Retail support environment.