La Mer currently has an exciting opportunity for a Communications Manager reporting directly to the General Manager of La Mer UK & Ireland. This role is responsible for managing the development and implementation of the UK and Ireland communications strategy, promoting the brand and its products to the consumer via the media, in line with the goals, objectives and image of the brands. This position is responsible for managing a team of two.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implement the Global communication strategy in the UK market, localising where applicable based on the business needs
- Lead the communications department in the day-to-day running of the press office, providing ideas for launches and overall PR strategy while driving press coverage to meet business objectives.
- Oversee the development of the La Mer UK digital and social strategy: to include local Facebook and YouTube channels
- Further enhancing media and influencer relationships
- Lead the La Mer philanthropic strategy, encouraging employee engagement and collaboration
- Ensure smooth communication between UK and Global Communications department
- Build the annual PR budget and ensure expenditure is effective
- Mentoring and developing the Communications Team
The successful candidate will possess a solid PR background with substantial experience and have established relationships with key beauty directors. They will have excellent communication, strong organisational, analytical and writing skills in addition to possessing an eye for detail. The candidate will demonstrate motivation, creativity and flair, have a passion for the brands, will be an experienced and articulate presenter and have significant people management experience with proven ability to lead and motivate a team