This Aramis and Designer Fragrances team has an exciting opportunity for a Sales Director to join the team. This position will be based at our Fitzroy offices with regular travel to stores and store group head offices around the UK and ROI.
The Sales Director will be reporting into the Aramis and Designer Fragrances Brand Manager/General Manager working alongside Marketing Director, Education Director & Communications Director whilst managing a National Field Sales Manager with 7 Sales & Education Executives plus 4 National Account Managers.
- To develop and execute strategies to drive Aramis & Designer Fragrances portfolio of fragrance brands at retail and net sales, within brand equity guidelines, and to improve market share and ranking in total and on a door by door basis. (Michael Kors, Aramis, DKNY, Donna Karen, Tory Burch, Tommy Hilfiger, Kiton and Zegna)
- Ensure the on-going achievement of all operating expenses and profit targets.
- To develop and deliver sales budgets; gross, net and retail sales budgets by retailer.
- Lead, motivate and develop the National Account team, the Field Sales team and the sales administration function, providing inspirational leadership to align and engage the team in the Vision and to develop talent and capability within the Sales Division;
- Set and manage relevant budgets including demo costs, Trade funds, travel expenses, and CAPEX.
- To work hand in hand with the Education Director to ensure a consistent approach and message to the Field Sales & Education teams and to ADF Consultants to ensure that we continue to offer unparalleled high touch, personalised customer service to drive sales
- Work with the ADF Brand (General) Manager, Corporate store design and the Visual Merchandising Team to negotiate with retailers on space, location, and cost contribution to deliver effective in store sites
- Develop and execute business plans for all key retail partners and build collaborative relationships with them to ensure the continued growth of both brands in all store groups.
- To be a key member of the ADF Leadership team, establishing and maintaining good working relationships with other internal departments – especially Marketing, Education, Visual Merchandising, Communications, and Online.
- Contribute to the development and execution of the ADF Retail Brand strategies and work closely with key stake holders to develop and execute specific initiatives.
- Drive creativity and innovation within the team to identify and implement new initiatives to drive the business.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a proven successful track record of leading a successful Sales team, and meeting retail and net sales plans at National Sales Manager level
- Possess outstanding numerical and commercial acumen
- Display strong negotiation skills and proven ability to lead, develop and inspire others to succeed.
- Ideally have previous experience working in the UK fragrance market
- Have a thorough understanding of the market landscape and retailers