Estee Lauder Companies is looking for an Employer Relations Manager who wants to work in a fast paced, commercial and creative environment. Due to our continued growth, we are looking for some great new talent to join the HR team in this exciting new role within Estee Lauder Companies. This role will be responsible to develop the ER performance for the UK and Ireland Region.
To ensure that effective and legally compliant employee relations processes and policies are developed, implemented, monitored and evaluated to enable fair and consistent practice across the business. To provide technically sound, commercially focused employee relations advice and skills development to the HR Team Managers and colleagues throughout all divisions as required.The ER Manager will also take responsibility for the central review of ER performance across the wider HR team, and in supporting in serious matters such as tribunals.
· Responsible for the production and implementation of Company Policies such as Equal Opportunities, Immigration, Discipline and Grievance etc
· Responsible for absence management policies and initiatives, as well as tools, in relation to Short Term, Long Term, and unauthorised absence.
· Provision of tools required to manage store closures and restructures ensuring the process is handled in a sensitive manner with the minimum disruption for affected employees.
· Take total ownership for Company policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance and to seek improvements to working practices with a view to increasing efficiency, productivity and effectiveness.
· Development of initiatives and strategies to develop and improve the Company’s employee relations policies and processes in line with business objectives.
· Take steps to minimise company exposure to Employment Tribunals.
· Effectively administer Employment Tribunal Applications liaising with appropriate external agencies and providing robust, commercial legal advice to all Employment Tribunal Claims.
· Ensure that our statutory obligations in relation to employees are met.
Support and Guidance
· The provision of appropriate advice, support and guidance to the HR Management Team and employees in matters of discipline up to and including dismissal and all stages of the grievance process.
· Working with the HR Management team to ensure the effective and legally compliant management of short and long term absence
· Act as reference point for HR team in relation to their day to day and developmental activities.
· Proactively explore all areas of activity within the department and wider business, and ensure that they
Employee Health and Wellbeing
· Work with senior and line managers to develop and promote the Health and Wellbeing of employees across the business.
· Develop and maintain policies which employees recognise have a positive impact on their health and wellbeing, e.g. Family Friendly, Work Life Balance.
· Create a wellness calendar with events both virtual and face to face to raise awareness and support employees
· To ensure the accurate input of information into HR Connect to enable the analysis and reporting on activities and trends as required.
· Ensure compliance with the appropriate systems, processes and governance that are in place for matters such as discipline, grievance and recruitment, and actively contribute to their continuous improvement.
· Provide the business with user friendly people stats that help them to manage their people resource more effectively.
Health & Safety
· Assist with the development and implementation of programs to ensure compliance with health & safety legislation.
· Promote a safety culture based on characteristics of information, training, awareness, respect and fairness.
· Provide support to the other divisions within the Company as required.
- Previous experience of the provision of commercially focused employee relations advice in Retail environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of sound people management practice
- Sound understanding of UK employment legislation
- A good grasp of UK employment legislation and its practical application
- Experience of developing and implementing people focused initiatives/strategies across a multi-site environment