We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Trainer to join Smashbox to deliver the core education programs to Crew and all other staff. You will also be responsible for overseeing and facilitating in the training room along with facilitating the development of Smashbox Trainers in leadership, communication and artistry ability.
You will be a Brand Ambassador, acting as a spokesperson to the media and a liaison with PR and marketing to support and facilitate retail and industry events.
Training and Education:
- Own and lead facilitate core training programs like Seasonal Updates and Basic School nationally.
- Develop make up artistry abilities and customer service skill levels of Crew, SEE’s, Mentors and Education Team
- Work with National Education Manager to develop training initiatives and programs for the training room and field.
- Develop expertise in product knowledge and artistry to keep up to date with industry trends and product development.
- Identify training needs and provide solutions by liaising with the National Fields Sales Manager and National Education Manager.
- Work with Trainers and SEE’s to develop strategies to implement education objectives.
- Ensure all training room facilities, training kits and assets are effectively maintained and managed at all times.
- Ensure all training reflects Smashbox core values and standards.
Management and Working Partnerships:
- Recruit, hire and complete orientation for new Trainers, in collaboration with the National Education Manager.
- Identify strengths and opportunities to develop the training, leadership, and artistic abilities of the Trainers
- Oversee the schedule of the Trainers and the effectiveness of collaboration with SEE’s in the field.
- Build collaborative relationship with National Field Sales Manager to identify opportunities to drive Sales and KPI results in the field
- Conduct regular store visits to follow up core training, implement department strategies, develop Crew, Trainers and SEE’s abilities and to lead by example on all levels of service and artistry in the field.
- Provide clear, constructive feedback on a regular basis to employees on their job performance.
- Help provide an atmosphere that motivates, encourages and challenges Trainers to achieve excellence.
- Ensure consistent and proper communication both internally and externally.
Branding Activity and Events
- Build a Smashbox social media profile while adhering to all social media guidelines and requirements.
- Promote brand launches, meet with press, provide quotes on brand and industry trends on an ongoing basis as required by the PR team.
- Organise and participate in media events being a combination of media presentations, masterclasses, one-on-one interviews, studio events, and working on brand community projects as required to build awareness of the brand.
- Organise and participate in retail events which includes, conducting make up demonstrations and masterclasses while providing make up direction to the artists working on the event.
- Conduct make up appointments with customers as required to help generate customer interest and stimulate counter excitement and revenue.
Key skill and experience:
- Exceptional make up artistry ability
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Confident leader and communicator
- Thinks strategically
- Highly motivated and determined to succeed
- Passion for people and vibrant personality
- Creative agility
- Knowledge of the brand / Industry
- Committed to achieving brand objectives