Smashbox Cosmetics knows camera-ready beauty. Born out of Smashbox Studios in Los Angeles—the modern-day image factory where countless iconic celebrity and fashion images have been shot—we are a fast-growing, high-paced, prestige cosmetics brand with domestic and international presence. Staying true to our L.A. studio roots, we are creative and trendsetting, yet laidback and accessible.
A creative person with a deep understanding of the digital landscape, particularly social platforms (existing and emerging).
Conceptualize, produce and execute on-brand creative content for all digital/social platforms (primarily Instagram, Facebook and any new buzzed-about platforms). Ability to produce quick and prolific content (multiple creative outputs per day), while reacting to trends and helping to continually evolve the brand's platforms.
Photography, design, video editing and motion-graphics skills with a keen eye for taste level and unique executions. Demonstrated experience conceptualizing and executing impactful, engaging creative for digital/social platforms.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Creative and content
- Conceptualize, produce and execute multiple creative outputs per day across all social platforms (including, but not limited to, standard posts, re-cuts of how-to videos, motion-graphics videos, animated GIFs, cinemagraphs, etc.)
- Shoot any required imagery, including styling and art directing
- Contribute creative executions to additional digital programs, as needed
- Design and retouch social posts, plus make modifications to existing creative, as needed
- Lead ongoing development and updates of social creative guidelines to ensure consistent look and feel across platforms
- Collaborate with cross-functional digital team on all content, guided by overall brand and business objectives
Planning and project management
- Organize and manage recurring digital/social shoots, including ensuring any talent, product and equipment needs are met when required
- Problem-solve and think fast on your feet to deliver quick turnaround when required (often in 24 hours or less); ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in weekly status meetings and coordinate on a daily basis with cross-functional team
Research, innovation and trend-spotting
- Report regularly on competitive brand activity, as well as leading non-beauty brands
- Research niche brands and creative/editorial outlets for the latest trends and inspiration
- Contribute to brainstorms with cross-functional team to help surface new, innovative ways to create digital/social content
Necessary Skills & Experience:
- Enthusiastic consumer of digital/social content, and early adopter of trends with a passion for innovation.
- Photography and design experience (Adobe Creative Suite), including concept development and art direction
- Experience with video editing and motion-graphics software
- Ability to understand business objectives to guide execution
- Understanding of how to create “brand appropriate (non-corporate) voice” in social media to build authentic, relevant, interactive consumer relationships.
- Strong ability to interpret and translate global brand strategies and equity into voice/programs appropriate for social media.
- Net savvy (high engaged in social networking sites & all things Web 2.0).
- Active daily life in online and social media.
- Branding/beauty/fashion/entertainment experience a plus
- Creative, diplomatic, cool under pressure and fantastic interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strong communication and writing skills.