Reporting to the Director of External Communications, this newly created role plays a critical part in the creation and delivery of a programme of communications to engage with The Estée Lauder Companies’ key external stakeholders including media, regulatory, NGOs and government to protect and enhance the company’s corporate reputation.
We are looking for someone who is used to working at pace, has experience of managing national print, broadcast, digital and social media with an established network of key media contacts within relevant horizontal and vertical media outlets. Excellent writing skills and the ability to drive news generation are crucial.
As part of the broader Corporate Communications team, this role also supports major communications initiatives such as Philanthropy and Corporate Responsibility.
The External Communications function sits within the wider Corporate Communications Team, a dynamic team which supports the UK business across four key areas: Internal Communications, External Communications, Philanthropy & Corporate Responsibility and Crisis & Issues Mitigation.
Essential Skills and Competencies of the PR Manager:
- 3-4 years solid external communications experience ideally gained from a medium or large organisation in the prestige/beauty/retail sector or PR agency with clients in prestige/beauty/retail sectors
- In depth knowledge of UK current affairs, political and economic landscapes
- Creative, strategic, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, with the initiative to see a programme through from start to finish
- Exceptional organisation and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively, working to deadlines with minimal supervision
- Established network of key media contacts within relevant horizontal and vertical media outlets
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to manage stakeholders and provide counsel to senior leaders
- Experience of Crisis and Issues Management