Our GIS Project Management Office (PMO) is looking for a Junior Analyst to join the EMEA/Travel Retail/UK team. You will support the planning, maintenance, and continual improvement of our methodology in accordance with best practice and the seamless integration, communication, & tracking of multiple projects. Additionally, you will support GIS Project managers by providing Project Management Office/project support functions and tools.
The role utilizes analytical capabilities to effectively collect, analyze and summarize data regarding GIS projects. Standard duties include gathering and consolidating data, providing reports, analyzing project status with project managers (PMs) and recommending and implementing process improvements. Supporting the Regional Project Management Office Manager with ensuring the global PMO practices and governance across the region are implemented and adhered to. You will also support PMO to shape and review the Portfolio and be involved in the budgeting cycle and Long Range Plan.
- Create, modify, review and maintain process documentation
- Compile and maintain with input from consultants to ensure the accuracy of the monthly PMO report
- Perform internal quality assurance audits across projects, including review of plans, risks/issues, financials and governance adherence, recommending corrective action
- Ensures and facilitates the completion of preventive & corrective action, including actions from project audit activities
- Support Project Managers in regard to administration needs in Regional Portfolio
- Assist the PMO with administrative duties as needed
Required skills and experience:
- PMO experience advantage, but training will be made available
- This position requires a strongly motivated individual who is comfortable working in a busy, dynamic work environment and can respond flexibly to varying deadlines
- MS Office expertise, especially in Word, Excel (Macros, Pivots etc..) and PowerPoint and MS Project
- SharePoint experience would be an advantage.
- Strong “people” skills and a customer-service centric attitude
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization
- Willingness to learn and grow with the organization
- Project experience preferred