The Estee Lauder Companies has an exciting opportunity for a Field-Based Area Coordinator to join the team.
- Day to day management of a pre-determined number of Bureau Associates and Consultants taking steps to ensure that they are highly engaged and deliver a high quality comprehensive service to the Brands.
- Lead, motivate and inspire the Consultants to ensure they are engaged in achieving the Company’s strategic aims and objectives and understand the part they play in its success.
- Drive continuous improvement and develop a culture of open and continuous communication to ensure that the Bureau Consultants are motivated to achieve the Company’s aspirations for operational excellence.
- Establish and maintain a high performing work culture utilising effective coaching and mentoring techniques to develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours of the Bureau Consultant.
- Conduct and administer performance reviews for all direct reports and ensure that their personal development plan encourages employee contribution, includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Act as a role model, demonstrating leadership behaviours which support the Company’s vision, values, objectives and core strategies.
- Take steps to ensure that all Consultants on the region meet the required standards in terms of attitude, skill and behaviour.
- Ensure all Consultants understand what standards of performance are expected of them and manage their performance effectively.
- Take corrective action with Consultants where necessary, utilising informal and formal disciplinary processes as appropriate.
- Undertake the daily 'check in' of Bureau Consultants at Flagship sites as necessary ensuring that the Consultants meet the required timekeeping & grooming standards.
- Undertake return to work interviews in line with Company procedures for all absences excluding holiday.
- Using the prescribed Company format conduct exit interviews on any Bureau Consultant that leaves the business.
Delivery of Great Customer Service Standards
- Ensure that the Bureau Consultants understand what great service standards look like and how they can deliver them in their particular role
- Actively solicit and act upon feedback from the Counter management relating to the service they receive from the Bureau and the quality of the Consultants
Resourcing and Recruitment
- In conjunction with the Bureau Manager ensure that the Bureau Consultant headcount vrs demand (taking account of individual Brand requirements) is effectively balanced
- Using prescribed selection methodology recruit & select Bureau Consultants
- In conjunction with the Bureau Manager proactively seek opportunities to develop the talent pipeline including the development of relationships with third parties such as colleges and apprenticeship providers
- Monitor the quality of recruits and take remedial action where necessary
- In conjunction with the Central Bureau Admin team ensure that all new starter paperwork is completed and submitted as required by the relevant internal departments
- In conjunction with the Talent Development Partner, arrange induction training for new starters as required
Training & Development
- Identify the training needs of each Consultant and in conjunction with the Talent Development Partner ensure that these needs are met utilising both classroom and on the job training.
- Utilise Brand feedback to help identify training needs
- Undertake any administration associated with the effective management of the Bureau Consultants
- Use reports provided by the centre to highlight priorities and support the day to day management of the Bureau Consultants
- Provide the Bureau Manager with information that will assist with monthly reporting as required
- Ensure the health and safety of self, customers and colleagues by taking all reasonable steps to ensure safety in the workplace
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures
- Undertake prescribed training and development
- To undertake all reasonable tasks as requested
- results-oriented with a positive outlook
- a clear focus on providing a commercially focused, high quality service to all internal customers.
- a natural forward planner who critically assesses their own performance and that of their department
- mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing and communicating at all levels
- reliable, tolerant, and determined, an empathic communicator
- able to see things from the other person’s point of view
- well-presented and business-like